Try this homemade pre-run snack at least 30 minutes to fuel your body before the run.
- 1 cup gluten-free white bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- Blend all dry ingredients together until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk, eggs and mashed banana and blend.
- Cook the batter in a waffle maker until crisp.
- Serve with sliced banana, peanut butter or nutella.
This snack is proven to power your run!
energy snackpower snackpre-run snackrunning recipe